HOME SOLICITATION PERMITS
FL. Statute 501.22 County Ordinance #93-5
Home Solicitation Sales Permit, is a permit for door-to-door solicitation within the County.
The cost for the permit is $52 plus the cost for the FDLE background check of $24 (subject to change).
The total cost is $76.
• Interested applicants must complete and sign an “Application for Home Solicitation”. Make a copy of their valid ID, such as driver’s license, state issued ID, etc.
• After the applicant has completed the application and the fingerprint card, they are ready to be fingerprinted. The Bailiff will fingerprint the applicant.
• A criminal background check from FDLE and the Nassau County Sheriff’s office will need to be obtained. ( This process may take several weeks)
A. The application can be denied if the reports from the FDLE or NSCO show the applicant has:
1. Been convicted of, or entered a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to a crime involving moral turpitude, fraudulent or dishonest dealing, illegal use or sale of a controlled substance.
2. Has obtained a permit by fraud, false statement, misrepresentation, or failure to truthfully answer any question on the application.
3. Has failed to obtain required County or Municipal occupational licenses.
B. If the application is denied for any reason, the applicant will be notified in writing by certified mail of this decision.
C. Once the application has been approved, the applicant will be issued a permit in the form of a laminated ID card. This permit is valid for one year from the date it is issued. The applicant will need to come in within 30 days to have their permit card issued. If they do not return within 30 days for the permit card to be issued, they’ll have to reapply.
D. If approved the clerk’s office will contact the applicant so we can complete the process of issuing the permit. If at all possible, we will schedule a time so we can be sure someone will be available to take the photograph. A photograph will be taken and the permit issued.